In celebration of Ladies Day, taking place this Thursday 17 September, the Southampton Boat Show is taking a retrospective look at Ladies Day through the years. Currently celebrating its 47th year in Southampton, the Show’s Ladies Day legacy stretches back to 1969 and includes playing host to Miss Southampton Boat Show from 2005 till 2008.
As the location of fashion and dance shoots, the #throwbackthursday style images have been collated from the Show’s archive in anticipation of tomorrow’s event as a reminder of the sophistication and charm that Ladies Day brings.
This year, the day will celebrate the record number of females who participate in boating, with a number of events including, the Women in the Marine Industry Drinks and Commodore Yachting’s drinks reception in celebration of women who sail. The reception will feature a guest appearance by Jeanne Socrates, holder of the Guinness World Record for the oldest women to achieve a solo voyage, non-stop and unassisted, around the world.
- Other special performances and competitions that have been designed to help mark the occasion include:
- On the spot prizes for ‘Best Dressed’
- Unveiling of famous boat shoemakers Sebego’s new collection, a brand favourite of Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge for nautical footwear
- Offers and discounts on a number of brands including Joules, Crew Clothing and Quba Sails as well as others
- Performances by Frank Sinatra and Michael Bublé tribute acts
In addition to all the events celebrating women across the industry, there will also be the opportunity to enjoy a taste of life on the high-seas. With hundreds of luxury boats, the latest nautical fashion and the Honda Champagne Bar, the Southampton Boat Show will be the perfect day out with friends.
Ladies Day takes place on Thursday 17 September and the Southampton Boat Show 2015 will run until Sunday 20 September. For more information and to buy tickets, please visit: www.southamptonboatshow.com