Hudson Wight’s products continue to work their magic on numerous satisfied customers and the brand is now one of the most sought after, after just three years in the market place, retailing online. and through their Showroom on the Parade in Cowes, Isle of Wight. So, whilst producing excellent quality and design features throughout their capsule range, these products also offer incredible value. As it happens, both of the new products featured here retail at £149.00 inc. VAT.
The Southampton Boat Show is a rare opportunity for visitors to get up close and personal with the range of HW1 offshore/coastal gear, multi-purpose jackets and cosy mid-layers, polos and accessories.
New at SBS
The 2015 Hudson Wight Performance Jacket, upgraded to add some important refinements to the overall design. Although based on the original Performance Jacket in terms of fabric, waterproofness, breathability and flexibility, the main changes to the 2015 Performance Jacket are to its styling and fit:
- HW lime garage detail on pocket zips
- 3rd pocket added at chest height with YKK Aquaguard zip
- Revised roomier collar design
- Better overall fit and sizing
- Sizes: S, M, L and XL
- Colours: Blue and Grey
Price: £149.00 inc. VAT
2015 product features – additional details:
- OceanVent Technical Fabrics form the outer layer
- Waterproof (over 20,000mm) and breathable (12,000g/sqm/24hrs)
- Treated with Dupont® Teflon® Shield Pro+ giving fabric protection and extremely durable water repellency
- Anti-pill fleece body lining for extra warmth and comfort
- Insulated easy on/off sleeve lining
- YKK AquaGuard® zips with “zip garage”
- Extra high collar for when it gets nasty
- Easily accessible adjustable stowaway hood for when it gets really nasty
- External fleeced lined stowage pockets for warmth
- One internal storage pocket
- Adjustable Velcro cuffs for warmth & wind-resistance
- Twin adjustable waist drawing toggles for shape, comfort and wind-resistance
- Excellent flexible arm articulation
New at SBS
The ULTRA RACER is the top model in SECUMAR’s 150N (170N actual buoyancy) Ultra series, a further evolution of this extremely successful flat packing range, and is exclusively distributed by Hudson Wight in the UK.
Packed with unique features
The smart grey and black outer cover features a zip-burst closure and is made out of tough Cordura fabric; there is an inspection window for checking the status of the unique bayonet fitting gas bottle which can also be easily checked and serviced via its own zipped pocket or when fitting the manual over-ride.
With its unique front ‘click buckle’ it is one of the very few lifejackets that can be done up or undone single handedly or released once inflated.
Zipped access to PLB
An important new addition is the zipped access through the outer cover to a small pocket for a Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) for extra security in an emergency, with a D-ring for attachment via a light lanyard. This means it can be installed and checked without opening the lifejacket, yet once the bladder is inflated another zip on the other side of the pocket allows ready access.
The PLB can then be initialised and installed in a purpose built pocket high up on the swim bladder. However it is important that any fitted PLB should be compatible with the lifejacket and not interfere with its operation.
Also fitted as standard are a crutch strap, fitted sprayhood, water activated light and single hand operated front buckle. It can also be changed from automatic inflation to manual operation in under a minute.
However one of the main features of this lifejacket is still its flatness and fit making it extremely comfortable to wear – especially when hiking out under the top guardrail.
One size fits all from age 12-14 years.
Sold exclusively in the UK by Hudson Wight Performance Sailwear for £149.00 inc. VAT.
For details of the Hudson Wight product range visit: http://hudsonwight.com or call:
+44 (0)1983 300 144 for more information.