9 IMOCAs which have passed through CDK Technologies’ workshops will be at the start of the Transat Jacques Vabre (TJV) 2019, whilst 1 ULTIM at the start of the Brest Atlantique will have taken the same route.
Since its creation, CDK Technologies has been mastering the implementation of its favourite material: carbon, a high-performance material, which is now prevalent in cutting-edge industries like defence and aeronautics. 2019 is a truly remarkable year in the yard’s history.
Transat Jacques Vabre 2019: a record edition for CDK Technologies, the only boat builder to boast 9 IMOCAs on the start line
3 latest generation foiling IMOCAs manufactured by CDK Technologies:
- APIVIA: launched in August 2019 and designed by Guillaume Verdier. APIVIA, a subsidiary of the MACIF group, was keen to trust in the yard that enabled François Gabart to win the Vendée Globe in 2012.
- ARKEA PAPREC: launched in July 2019, designed by Juan Kouyoumdjian and assembled by the Team.
- CHARAL: launched in August 2018 and designed by VPLP Design and kicked off her season by winning two races on the IMOCA GLOBE Series programme
2 foiling IMOCAs from the 2016 generation
- Maître Coq, the former Safran 2 launched in 2015,
- Bureau Vallée 2 ex Banque Populaire VIII, winner of the Vendée Globe 2016 with Armel Le Cléac’h
2 foiling IMOCAs transformed
- Initiatives Cœur, third in the Vendée Globe 2016 with Jérémie Beyou / Maître Coq
- PRB entrusted to Kevin Escoffier, which secured 2ndplace in the Rolex Fastnet and the Défi Azimut 2019
2 IMOCAs with classic daggerboards
- Banque Populaire X, a boat with a brilliant track record, winner of the Vendée Globe 2012 with François Gabart, winner of the Route du Rhum 2018 with Paul Meilhat /SMA
- Corum L’Épargne winner of the Barcelona World Race with Jean Le Cam and Bernard Stamm, winner of the Vendée Globe 2008 with Michel Desjoyeaux / Foncia
Brest Atlantique: 4 Ultims on the start line
- Trimaran Macif, Francois Gabart, holder of the singlehanded round the world record: 42 days 16h 40’ 35’’
Still in build at CDK Technologies
Back in early 2019, CDK Technologies began the construction of 2 foiling ULTIMs for 2 of its major clients: the builder and project manager of the future Banque Populaire XI, CDK also began the construction of the beams and floats of the future trimaran M101, successor to François Gabart’s Trimaran MACIF.
At the same time, the Juan Kouyoumdjian design IMOCA Corum L’Epargne is in build for Nicolas Troussel and will be assembled by Michel Desjoyeaux’s Mer Agitée team.