The RS Aero UK Winter Series 2016/2017 will kick off straight after Christmas again at Yorkshire Dales’ Brass Monkey and comprise a selection of 10 key events. Part of the RS Aero series shall be made up from events in the GJW Direct SailJuice Winter Series and from events in the South West Winter Series.
The ten venues will provide balanced geographical spread and support to new fleets. Sailors will count their 3 best event scores allowing most the ability to compete in a couple of close by events and then travel once. Two premium events are included again with at least one of the counters to be either the popular RS Aero UK Winter Championships, held at The Oxford Blue again on 18th February or the UK Spring Championships hosted in 2017 by the new fleet at Island Barn Reservoir, West London on 25th March.
Three new events are included in the RS Aero UK Winter Series this winter. In February the series includes the final event of the Blithfield Barrel series at Blithfield SC in the North Midlands. In March the fleet will sample the infamous Exmoor Beastie for a full tour of Wimbleball SC’s picturesque lake. Ultimately the UK Spring Championships will be the final showdown event at Island Barn Reservoir SC.
RS Aero UK Winter Series Event Schedule 2016/2017
- Brass Monkey – Yorkshire Dales SC, Tuesday 27th December
- Grafham Grand Prix – Grafham Water SC, Monday 2nd January
- Bloody Mary – Queen Mary SC, Saturday 7th January
- Steve Nicholson Trophy – Northampton SC, Saturday 28th January
- Starcross Steamer – Starcross SC, Exe Estuary, Sunday 5th February
- Blithfield Barrel (4) – Blithfield SC, Sunday 12th February
- RS Aero UK Winter Championships, The Oxford Blue, Sat 18th February
- Roadford Rocket – Roadford SC, Devon, Sunday 26th February
- Exmoor Beastie – Wimbleball SC, Somerset, Sunday 19th March
- RS Aero UK Spring Championships – Island Barn SC, Saturday 25th March
The Notice of Series is posted here;
Full details of each event can be found on the RS Aero UK Events Page here;
By the RS Aero UK Class Association