In 2016 the Spinlock IRC Rating rule, administered by the RORC Rating Office and owned by RORC in partnership with UNCL in France, will be used to battle out no less than eleven regional and special championships around Great Britain and the Channel Islands, including the annual IRC National Championship.
This year’s regional venues stretch from Jersey in the Channel Islands to the Clyde in Scotland and from North Wales to Kent, providing a rich variety of racing and conditions. Specialist IRC Championships include the Small Boat Championship to be held in Weymouth and the Double Handed Championship organised by the Royal Southampton YC and RORC.
Most of the Championships are held over two to six days but the IRC Solent Championship offers racing over six weekends between May and October with different clubs, with the best four results to count. The Championship calendar for 2016 also boasts two brand new additions in Poole and Brighton, giving IRC sailors even more opportunities to join in and pit their skills against each other for the title of Champion!
- May-Oct IRC Solent Championship
- 28-30 May IRC Southern Championship, Poole *new*
- 11-12 June IRC Scottish Championship, Mudhook YC, Clyde
- 18-19 June IRC Sussex Championship, Brighton *new*
- 24-26 June IRC National Championship, Cowes
- 15-17 July IRC South West Championship, Plymouth
- 24-29 July IRC East Coast Championship, Ramsgate
- 12-14 Aug IRC Welsh National Championship, Pwllheli
- 3-4 Sept IRC Small Boats Championship, Weymouth
- 9-11 Sept IRC Channel Islands Championship, Jersey
- 16-17 Sept IRC Double Handed Championship, Southampton
For full details and links to the event websites, please see https://www.rorcrating.com/irc-rating-gbr/irc-regional-champs