As the winter season begins to set it, PlainSailing.com is encouraging sailors and boat owners alike to set sail – regardless of the colder wind and darker days.
2It’s a well-known fact that as the year draws to a close, there are less boats on the water as watersports enthusiasts moor up for winter and opt to stay on dry land. However, the team at PlainSailing.com think this is one of the most exciting times to be on the water, and have put together some hot tips to warm you up:
- It may be cold in the UK, but it doesn’t mean it’s time to stay by the fire. Layer up and get back on-board your boat. The UK, and in particular Scotland, have some stunning locations to sail, including Portavadie with its world class facilities and the tranquillity of Lochranza, so hoist that sail and off you go!
- Greece is gorgeous this time of year. At PlainSailing.com we’re been working really hard over the past few months finding some outstanding places to sail. Check out the website for all our exciting new locations: www.plainsailing.com/destinations
- Head over to Croatia for some winter sun! European sailing is always an option when the winter months set in, and there’s some of the most beautiful locations on water. If you’re stuck for ideas, check out the PlainSailing.com blog: www.plainsailing.com/blog
- Maybe it’s just not for you – sailing on the cold seas when it’s warm at home – so register with PlainSailing.com and other keen sailors may want to charter your boat for the winter months. It’s a win:win situation for everyone – money and maintenance for you and your boat, and the sailor can enjoy the winter months on your boat.
- TLC is key. Whilst the winter starts to set in, make sure if you’re tucking your boat away for hibernation that it’s properly cared for before you close the hatches. There’s nothing worse than the cold getting in, as rust can spread and any previous problems can get deteriorate. Get your boat serviced before it’s too cold and you’ll have peace of mind for the entire winter.
Co-founder, Adi Togs, says, “It’s really important to ensure your boat is well-kept and serviced before taking down the sails this season. However, if you can brave the cold – get out on the seas and set sail! It’s the perfect time to enjoy the wind in your sails and take the helm! Chartering is always an option and we know a thing or two about it, so please do get in touch if you’d like to discuss your plans. Check out PlainSailing.com for more information!”
For further information about PlainSailing.com, please visit: www.PlainSailing.com.