The Island Sailing Club (ISC), organisers of the annual one-day yachting marathon around the Isle of Wight, the J.P. Morgan Asset Management Round the Island Race, have today announced a brand new Award, ‘Young Vlogger of the Year’.
This initiative has been launched to encourage some of the younger Race competitors – whether on the helm or crewing – to share their full Race experiences using live footage filmed on their smartphones or tablets.
The ‘Young Vlogger of the Year’ Award is open to anyone competing in this year’s Race who is aged 17 or under on the date of the Race, 2nd July 2016.
Race Vloggers will be required to submit up to 3 minutes of footage with a description of their experiences of preparing for the Race, competing in the Race, their result and a comment on what they thought of the Race.
For more information and full details on how to submit your entry, terms & conditions, follow this link http://rtir.me/vlogger
The winning Vlogger plus one runner-up, will be contacted by the Island Sailing Club w/c 15th August and the winning Vlog will be posted on the Round the Island Race YouTube channel and on the Race website with links from the Race social media feeds.
Race Partners have generously donated prizes as follows:
- A Raymarine Micro Compass valued at £300
- Two free entry tickets to the 2016 Southampton Boat Show and hospitality on their Boat Show Stand, courtesy of MS Amlin/Haven Knox-Johnston
- A selection of awesome Volvo Sailing goodies, signed by members of Team Volvo including some of the top sailors in the world including world champions, world record holders, Olympians, members of the British Sailing Team and British Volvo Ocean Race sailors
- Two entry tickets to the 2016 Southampton Boat Show and hospitality on their Boat Show Stand, courtesy of Race Partner MS Amlin/Haven Knox-Johnston
- A selection of Volvo Sailing goodies